About The 2018 Business Excellence Awards
- Large Business of the Year [employing more than 25 employees]
- Small Business of the Year [employing less than 25 employees]
- Most Promising New Enterprise [open for business more than 6 months but less than 2 years]
- Downtown Business of the Year [for a business located on the Main St or Main St equivalent in a village]
For each category, a business needs to be a Chamber member and exemplify some or all of the following:
- Have business / industrial investment in Livingston County
- Have steady employment growth
- Exhibit outstanding community service
- Is a role model for business development, market expansion and community development
- Outstanding efforts to promote business development and quality of life in Livingston County
Additional Details About the Business Excellence Awards
- A nomination must include a narrative substantiating the reason why the business is being nominated.
- The nominee must be a member of the Livingston County Chamber of Commerce & Tourism.
- A business is not eligible to win in the same category within 5 years of previously winning – but can win in another category.
- A business can be nominated in more than 1 category but can only move forward to the finalist round in one category. The Chamber staff / committee reserve the right to determine in which category the nominees will move forward.
- Once the finalists are determined, the Chamber’s Awards Committee will select the winners of the Business Excellence Awards