Simple Tips to Avoid Contracting COVID-19
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has many useful tips and suggestions on how to avoid contracting the coronavirus. These measures include:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
The CDC says the virus is spread mainly from person-to-person including between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet), through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes in which the droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.