As of October 9, 2018, all New York State (NYS) employers are required to provide anti-sexual harassment training on an annual basis. Each employer has one year to comply with this new law. The Livingston County Chamber of Commerce, in service of its members, has partnered with New Haven Consulting Group who has developed an online training that meets the State’s detailed requirements. The Prevention of Sexual Harassment course, or PSH-NYS, is conducted as traditional classroom or as an online workshop, addresses both the legal and behavioral aspects of sexual harassment to ensure an inclusive, highly productive work environment.
Topic Areas Covered in PSH-NYS
- Definition of Sexual Harassment
- Responsibilities of the Employee and the organization
- Current EEOC and NYS Guidelines Regarding Sexual Harassments
- Types of Sexual Harassment
- Action Steps to Eliminate Sexual Harassment
- The Compliment Process $ Company Policies (Employer Specific)
- Preventative Steps to Avoid Sexual Harassment & Minimize Liability
- Information Concerning Employees' Rights of Redress & All Available Forums for Adjudicating Complaints
- What Are the Outcomes PSH-NYS?
At the Conclusion of PSH-NYS, participants will be able to do the following:
- Understand EEOC & NYS Guidelines for Sexual Harassment
- Be Aware of the Consequences of Sexual Harassment
- Understand the Responsibilities of the Manager, Employee and the Company in Eliminating Sexual Harassment
- Be able to Recognize the two types of Sexual Harassment
- Know their rights & responsibilities relating to Sexual Harassment
- be able to take steps in eliminating Sexual Harassment and the hostile work environment
HOW IS PSH-NYS DELIVERED?
Online – PSH-NYS online is a completely interactive, self-paced learning system in which participants are assessed, led through a customized content module, and checked at each point in the learning process.
On line training can be purchased directly through credit card payment or in volume through client invoice. Click the link at the top of the page to access the training.